Monday, February 21, 2011

Curry by the beach: Zushi day trip!

I've been meaning to do a 'day trip' out of Tokyo on one of my days off or some time now, so when my lovely friend invited me to Zushi to eat curry at her friend's cafe I didn't have to think twice.

Zushi is a cute little beachy town about an hour or so from Shibuya (jump on the Toyoko line and change at Yokohama). It was an overcast day but it was easy to imagine the huge crowds that would descend on this sleepy little town come summer. It has everything you need for a little escape from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo - the ocean, fresh air, loads of cute cafes and bars and, as I was delighted to discover, some really really good curry.

Since arriving in Japan I've been on a mission to find a really good Indian curry here. I've tried many places and never quite found what I was looking for until Curry-san at Cinema Amigo proved there is definitely good curry to be had around these parts!

Here are some snaps from this little seaside adventure. Enjoy!

Curry-san's delicious curry plate, and all for just  ¥1200!

Note the mirrorball!

Ocean gazing...

Shell-sand

Cabbage flowers in someone's pretty little garden!


Can't wait to head back to Zushi in summer for some sunset lychee-sours by the ocean!
Tiff xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...