Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bittersweet Morning

Well today I woke to 2 pieces of news, one good and one bad. The good news was in the form of an email from redbubble to let me know I'd sold $170.00 worth of art prints overnight. My biggest online sale to date. Unfortunately, this joy was shortlived, as I also found out that Queensland (where I'm from in Australia) is drowning. There is severe flash flooding all over and it won't stop raining. There is talk of evacuating the houses directly along the river as it is expected to rise overnight. I can't help but feel a little helpless over here on this beautifully sunny (but chilly) Tokyo morning, so I've been keeping up-to-date with it all via facebook, phone calls and aussie news sites.

Here's a shot I found on boston.com while trawling for info (the situation is making international news!), I love this shot because it shows the true aussie spirit, which is something positive that always shines over a disaster like this one. His name's Rodney - what a legend!



One of the posters I sold features a girl standing in the rain... eerily fitting.

My thoughts are with everyone back home, stay dry and stay safe. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...